1. Who are we? 🍩
We are Donut, Inc. (‘Donut’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) and operate under the name of Donut.
If you have any questions about your data, please email us at [email protected].
2. How often does this change? 🖐
YAny minor, non-material changes or clarifications go into effect immediately. Any material changes go into effect 30 days after we provide notice.
3. How does this policy apply? 😬
If you are under the age of 18, you may not access or use our Services. We do not solicit or knowingly collect data from individuals under the age of 18.
4. The information we hold about you 👀
We collect the following types of data:
Information you submit through our mobile app or website
When you create an account with us or sign up to our waitlist and provide details such as your name, ID, e-mail address, phone number, Social Security number and address. We’ll only use this information in strict accordance with the law.
Details about how you use our Services
Details we collect about how you use or navigate within the mobile app, website, and other parts of our Services.
Details about your transactions with us
This includes any investments, purchases, sales and withdrawals on your account.
Information on how you use your phone
The mobile network you use, your IP address or operating system and the settings on your phone.
Information you give us permission to access on your phone
Information that you give us explicit permission to see, like your address book, photos, geolocation and data from your camera.
Information from social networks or online accounts
Information and data from any accounts that you share with us, including your access credentials for those accounts.
5. How we use your information 🔍
We use data to:
- Provide you with our Services.
- Help us maintain your account and provide customer support.
- To deliver notifications and communications relevant to you.
- Track, analyse and improve the Services we give you and other customers.
- Research and development of new services or customization of existing Services.
- To connect you with people you may already know that are using the Service.
- Marketing the Services through our website, mobile app, email, or other means.
- Contacting you to ask your opinions about the Services.
We also use data to meet our legal obligations. We use it to:
- Search your record at immigration and fraud prevention agencies.
- Prevent illegal activities like money laundering, tax evasion and fraud.
- To meet any applicable legal requirement, regulation or government request.
6. Who we share it with 🤝
We may share your data with:
- Anyone who works for us (including contractors) when they need it to do their job.
- Any organisation which supports the Services you use, but only as necessary. That includes:
- Card producers and networks.
- Credit reference agencies.
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security service providers.
- Customer ‘interface’ providers (like the ones who manage our in-app chat service).
- Database administrators, cloud computing infrastructure providers or email and SMS service providers.
- Companies that do advertising for us (but we won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time).
- Certain authorities that detect and prevent terrorism.
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
7. How long we keep it 📁
We keep your personal information as long as you’re using Donut, and for 6 years after that to comply with legal requirements. In some circumstances, like cases of anti-money laundering or fraud, we may keep data longer if we need to and/or if required by law.
8. Your rights ✅
You have a right to:
- Access the data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct or amend the data we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete, block or suppress data we hold about you, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for certain purposes, such as direct marketing or research and statistical reasons.
- Request transfer of your data to you or a third party.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
9. Third party services 💳
10. Security 🔒
The security of your data is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as a debit card number or financial information, on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Cookies help us remember your preferences
You can think of cookies like stickers. Every time you visit a site, that site puts a sticker on you so they can keep track of how many times you’ve visited, how long you’ve spent there, and what you’ve done. That lets the site show you things which are relevant to you, based on information you’ve entered and stuff you’ve looked at. The length of time stored depends on the cookie, but this is generally between a few minutes and up to two years.
Cookies never store any of your banking or card details.
Session and Persistent cookies track what you’re doing on a specific visit to our site
We use session cookies to improve our site and give you a better experience. Session cookies let us see where you spend your time, and work out which bits are most (and least) effective. We use persistent cookies to recognise you when you come back to our site. When we spot that it’s you, we’re able to show you the things that we think you like.
Third-party cookies show you ads for things we think you’ll be interested in
We use third party cookies to find out if adverts we run encourage more people to visit our website. Third-party cookies work by sharing your browser identification with the third party (like Facebook or Instagram), so they can show you ads on their sites. They can be session specific or persistent.
You can turn cookies off if you like
Exactly how to do it depends on your browser or phone settings. Try looking in your ‘Help’ section, or searching for ‘How to block cookies’.
If you turn cookies off, you might still see ads for Donut in other places. But they’ll be general, and not based on your specific information.
12. How to make a complaint 😔
If you have a complaint, please contact us by emailing [email protected] and we’ll do our best to fix the problem.
13. Questions? 📝